Google Alerts can be used to have the latest news on an industry or a competitor.You get e-mail updates of the relevant Google results based on your queries. Up to 1,000 alerts can be created. Alerts can also be subscribed to in multiple languages. Set your language preferences, visit the Google Alerts homepage, and create alerts in that language.
There are six variations of alerts: 'News', 'Web', 'Blogs', 'Comprehensive', 'Video', and 'Groups'.
• A ‘News’ alert is an e-mail aggregate of the latest news articles that contain the search terms of your choice and appear in the top ten results of your Google News search.
• A 'Web' alert is an e-mail aggregate of the latest web pages that contain the search terms of your choice and appear in the top twenty results of your Google Web search.
• A 'Blogs' alert is an e-mail aggregate of the latest blog posts that contain the search terms of your choice and appear in the top ten results of your Google Blog search.
• A 'Comprehensive' alert is an aggregate of the latest results from multiple sources (News, Web and Blogs) into a single e-mail, to provide maximum coverage on the topic of your choice.
• A 'Video' alert is an e-mail aggregate of the latest videos that contain the search terms of your choice and appear in the top ten results of your Google Video search.
• A 'Groups' alert is an e-mail aggregate of new posts that contain the search terms of your choice and appear in the top fifty results of your Google Groups search.
When you need to convene a meeting, you can get free reservation-less conference calling. The conference calling solution allows ten participants to join a conference call. This facility is free of charge, and users just pay the normal local or STD charge. The features are:
• Instant access from any landline or mobile phone
• Free for up to 10 callers
• Crystal-clear digital sound
• Storage of contacts and scheduling conferences from your account
• Ability to control your conference via the web
• Recording and retrieving of your conferences
• Always available – 24x7
Skype is a free desktop software program, which allows its users to communicate with one another, free of charge, via chat, voice calling or video calling. The service also allows users to call phones and send SMS text messages with pre-paid Skype credit.
• Free Computer-to-Computer Calls
Skype allows members to make free phone calls between one another when logged into the service, using a computer or via mobile application. If you are signed into your Skype account and notice one of the people in your contact list also signed in, you can communicate with him/her, free of charge, in one of three ways: chat, voice call or video call.
• Calling and Texting Phones
Skype allows its users to call and send text messages to phones all over the world, either using the computer program or a mobile application for a small charge.