A cluster development project backed by the central and state governments along with major industries in the state, Coimbatore Industrial Infrastructure Association (COINDIA) aims to help engineering enterprises recognized by the Industrial Infrastructure Upgradation Scheme (IIUS).
COINDIA’s major areas of focus are industries in the pump, motor and foundry industrial clusters. The association has 361 members in its fold currently. The COINDIA revolution is promoted by the Southern India Engineering Manufacturers’ Association (SIEMA) and is supported by Coimbatore Chapter of the Institute of Indian Foundrymen (IIF) in association with Small Industries’ Testing and Research Centre (Si’TARC), SIRUTHULI, Coimbatore Foundry and Industry Owners’ Association (COFIOA) and the Coimbatore Tiny and Small Foundry Owners Association (COSMAFAN).
Association President: N. Visvanathan.
Vice Presidents: C.R.Shanmughasundaram & K.V.Karthik
Labor Force: Local & migrant workforce
Problems Faced (as identified by COINDIA President N. Visvanathan)
- Power cut beginning from the year 2008, continues even today. All high tension industries face more than 20 percent power cut.
- Poor availabilities of skilled labour. Many industries employ migrant workers where skill development is tough task.
- Heavy financial which erodes meager profit earned by industries.
COINDIA offers many facilities including:
- Modern Tool Room, a common facility in Tamil Nadu
- Hi-Tech Rapid Product Development Centre
- An Industrial School (approved by Regional Director of Employment) catering to exclusive needs of socially backward/BPL individuals.
- CAD CAM Training Centre backed by full-fledged Tool Room facility and Hi-Tech personnel to give on the job Training.
- Business Information and Library Centre for various SMEs, as a common facility.
- Testing facilities for Pump, Motor and Foundry Industrial applications.
- Facilitated several government funding in Industrial infrastructure at Coimbatore
- Large private investment in public project from the Tiny and Small sector Industrial fraternity
- Facilitated relocation of Foundry Units outside the city limits in about 180 acres of Foundry Parks (3 locations) creation of common facilities.
Coimbatore Industrial Infrastructure Association
SIEMA Building – II Floor 8/4,
Coimbatore - 641 018.
Phone : 0422- 4394128, 0422-4394227
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org